C. Opening and closing time of IMFL and Country spirit shops:
- IMFL wholesale and retail sale (OFF): 11 AM to 10 PM throughout the year.
- Hotels, Restaurants and Bars: 11 AM to 10 PM.
- Country spirit: 11 AM to 10 PM.
D. Dry Days:
- 26th January.
- 15th August.
- 2nd October.
- Janmotsava of Sri Sri Sankardeva every year.
- Any other day that the state Government may, by notification, declare as Dry Day.
E. Unlawful import, manufacture, possession, sale etc:
- Provision for punishment with imprisonment which may extend to two years and with fine.
F. Statutory Warnings:
- Every label contains statutory warning viz. “For sale in Assam only”,
- “Sale of alcohol to persons below 21 years of age is prohibited”,
- “Consumption of alcohol is injurious to health”.
G. Complaint Redressal:
- There is a complaint redressal committee in every district under the chairmanship of the Deputy Commissioner of the district.
- For all kinds of complaints the Superintendent of Excise of the district or the Deputy Superintendent of Excise of the sub-division may be contacted.
H. Facilities under the Right to Information Act:
- All districts have notified the names of SPIOs and ASPIOs under the RTI Act,2005.
- All Public Authorities have published the suo-moto declaration under Sec.4 of the RTI Act, 2005.
- At the Head Quarter, Deputy Commissioner of Excise, Assam is the notified SPIO.
- Sanction of new IMFL Licences.
- Renewal of IMFL Licences
- Budget Sanction
- Transfer and posting of Addl. Commissioners/Joint Commissioners/Deputy Commissioners/Superintendents/Deputy Superintendents/Inspector of Excise.
- Preparation of Gradation list of Officers
- Sanction of earned Leave of the Gazetted officers
- Formulation of amendment of Excise Act and Rules.
- Sanction and retention of posts.
- Matters relating to pension.
- All applications/Proposals correct in all respects will be disposed off within a time frame as per existing Excise Act & Rules.